Polyethylene pipes and connecting elements are the optimum choice for building low and medium pressure network for natural gas distribution.
They are made from the polyethylene designed for pressure pipes, either PE80 or PE100, although PE100 is used increasingly.
Advantages of PE pipes for gas distribution:
- longer lifetime
- excellent hydraulic properties due to smoothness of the pipe
- great corrosion durability, consequently low maintenance cost and longer lifetime
- pipe flexibility enables coiling, decreasing the number of joints, handling and installation is easier and quicker, lesser sensitivity to external factors as soil shifting or settling
- lower pipe weight makes manipulation easier and lowers the cost of transport
- lowest cost of installation, operation and maintenance
- watertight system, all elements can be welded to each other
- Dimensions: OD25 – OD450mm
- Materials: PE80 or PE100
- Standard: SIST EN 1555-2
- Length: bars of 6m and 12m or coils
- Working pressure:
||Working pressure p